The Group was originally established in the early 1980’s by 5 founding families and began building its reputation within the automotive sector as a dedicated contract packer working for local automotive customers.
Since then DK have been involved in nearly every UK based automotive manufacturers supply chain.
Despite the long term growth that has been achieved, DK has not wanted to be solely an automotive supplier. So, since around 2010, DK has been seeking to diversify away from its strategic dependence upon the automotive sector.
2013 saw the acquisition of Centurion Industrial Packaging, which complemented the other packaging interests of the Group at that time, by supplying into a wide range of non automotive customers.
In June 2016 the business acquired Lemonpath, a contract packing and fulfilment company supplying principally the UK retailers with gifting products.
In February 2019, DK acquired an initial 75% interest in GE Doors, a specialist fire door manufacturing business based in Maesteg , South Wales.,with the remaining 25% to be acquired over the following 4 years.
We continue to develop the existing businesses in our portfolio and are looking to extend the reach of the Group through selected acquisitions.
Despite the many years of successful growth our business ethos remains the same as the family owned company that began nearly 40 years ago.
Hard work combined with a solid commitment to our customers and our passion for success is securing our future.